Happy birthday to me 🎉🎉 One year travelling 😀

I don't speak a lot about my father but I feel now it is a good time to do it. I remember I was a child and we were coming back home from our farm. There was a crossroads and he asked me where we should go, left or right. And I said immediately right, firstly because I wanted to show I knew the road and secondly because I wanted to go playing football with my fiends.
But my father told me "that is the direction. You always go to that direction", showing me the opposite direction. He starred on his left for few long seconds, watching nothing probably, and then he turned right. Then he added "because you don't know what it is expecting you if you go in that direction".
We didn't speak until home. He left me confused. 



Today it is a year I'm travelling. That was me outside the airport in Napoli, believing I was going away for 6 or 7  months. It is my travel-birthday. And what I liked the most about my travel is that I don't know what's next. So far I've been in Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia. I'm now again in Chile as I broke my collar bone and I had to rest for a while. But in a couple of weeks I will be on the road again.






This is one of my biggest dream coming true. But this doesn't mean I have no more wish. This trip is teaching me, reminding me, how to dream and don't feel stupid for following my dreams. I feel happy despite the few down I feel now and then. But I guess it's normal, especially for a solo traveller. I'm also learning that the people I met on the way are more important than the places I'm travelling to.

We only live once. Happy birthday to me and wish me the best for the following months 😀
Saludos from San Pedro de Atacama 😘😘



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano