Happy new year 🎉🎉🎉 travelling the happiness

It's 12.26am of the second of January 2019. And I'm just coming from 24hrs of absolute madness.

The 31st of December went down pretty fast as the agency where I'm working at the moment was busy all the time. Worked till 11pm and then started partying with all my housemates. Weird there were grapes on the table.

I have spent the night in a hostel outside the town: an electronic party with a swimming pool around. Pretty cool to end a fantastic year :)

It has been hard for me to realize it was Christmas and then New Year. It's not the first time I spend these days away from Italy, but it is the very first time I feel all the distance between me and my hometown.

On my Fb page, I wrote, in Italian, a post saying Happy new Year to all my Italian friends. Which was quite weird just because it is the very first time I did something like that.

The liters of alcohol I managed to drink during the night halped me to remember a picture my closest friends use to have on the early years of fb. It was a picture with all their feets. One of my friend was surprised that I could recognize all of them just by this small part of their body. And I was surprised, my turn!, that one of my closest friend was surprised I could say which feet belonged to whom. Hope it is clear ;)

This South American experience is teaching me lots of things. One of these is the sense of the distance, both phisically and mentally.

Phisically, because I've only now realised how short are the distances between cities and countries in Europe. Here, I think the shortest route I've travelled between 2 cities is 10hrs by bus

Mentally, because of  the cultural difference. Altrough my Spanish is getting better and better, and it is almost a year I'm here, the distance between me and the majority of the people living in South America is clear. I'm the gringo. a Gringo bueno as some of them say.

Back to us, the people I've heard, apart my family, are my Italian friends in Italy and some Italian friends in Manchester, plus just few friends randomly living the world.

Altrough the number of good people I meet on my way is bigger and bigger, there are some connections that are stronger than others. And eventually they will be forever.

I feel lucky I am litterally "living my dream". But I feel even better thinking of the "stronger connections" I have.

Who travels to escape from something or someone is travelling for the wrong reason. Travelling gives you "addictions" to your life, it does not replace anything.

Happy New Year to all my friends, not just the Italians. I really hope the new year will bring you happiness, whatever it means for you.

Btw, the electronic party was cool. But unfortunately the access to the swimming pool was forbidden ;)

From the hot San Pedro is all. That's the picture which describes my 2018: travelling the happiness

Buon anno 2019, if I'm still on time



Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano