On the road again. From Chile to Peru

As I couldn't keep travelling due to the recovering collar bone I stayed four months spent in San Pedro de Atacama working. The alternative was to go back in Italy or stay in La Paz doing basically nothing. The good thing of working for a tour agency was to join all kind of tour, hiking the Vulcan Lascar or the Uyuni salt flat tour.

End of peak season, so it was time to go. I've been few days in Santiago for a job interview. After a short stay I decided to keep travelling. Still, it was nice as I met few friends known on the way.






I decided to go north again. So I visited Valle del Elqui, apparently the clearest sky in the world hosting few astronomical observatory. The little village of Pisco Elqui hosts also vineyard producing wine and pisco.





From there about 20hrs by bus to Iquique and them Arica. Both are beach towns. Arica is at the border with Peru, being the northern city of Chile. This terroty once belonged to Bolivia and Peru is full of monuments in memory of the Pacific war.






From Arica I've reached Arequipa in Peru. Visited the Cañón del Colca, watching condors, I've been with Marcia, a solo traveller met for the first time in Ushuaia last year and then in San Pedro.

My first time in Peru. Really, really, excited.
Ps the Peruvian food is just delicious :)









Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano