Mancora and Huanchaco, all about surfing and parties

After the exhausting but beautiful trekking in Huaraz, a well deserved beach time. First in Huanchaco, close to Trujillo and then Mancora, up north, close to the border with Ecuador.

Both cities are not different from any others by the sea, but both have something special.

Huanchaco is a good place where to start having surf classes. I didn't miss the chance. As soon I arrived, I tried. It was my first time, so I wasn't that good bud it was soooo much fun.
Unfortunately no photos of me surfing, but I took one just before. So take my word for it. 🏄🏄🏄






In Huanchaco there is also the ruin of Chan Chan, the capital of the Chimu Kingdom, a pre Inca civilization. It has been abandoned for many centuries but the complex architecture is still visible. Definitely worth a visit I you are around.




Mancora is the most famous beach town of Peru. The parties on the beach can be very very intense, as I tried myself 🔞😎
But I really needed some rest, so in my two weeks there I spent most of the time laying on the beach, doing some exercises, running early in the morning, watching the sunset having a beer, and in general trying to have a healthy lifestyle. I stayed in a camping a bit out of town, at Playa del Amor. It was very quite.
Just want to mention also that the beach in Mancora is not that great, at least not as the one of few towns nearby, such as about Viyachito and Punta Sal. You should consider them in case you want to be far from the crowd of Mancora.




I've written down the story of this Italian couple travelling by motorbike for 7 years on my FB page,
https://m.facebook.com/Travellingthehappiness/photos/a.2243055815723721/2814605698568727/?type=3&source=48

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano