Borges: the South American books I'm reading

A different post today. While traveling through south America, I'm reading books written in each Country. Just a way to understand these Countries from a different point of view.

While today I was at a vineyard near Tarija, in Valle de Concepción, Uriondo, I've ended a philosophical book of Borges, Between history and eternity. Yes, Borges is Argentinian, but I've started reading him while I was in Salta.

As the title suggests, the essay is about the time and the eternity. How we use our time? How we consider it?

"The time is a problem for us; the eternity is a play or a laborious hope".

Borges writes about various approaches with which different philosophers speak about it.

But he ends his essay with this sentence: "the time... is an illusion" if we consider it separately from our past or our future.

He underlines some thoughts about the use of our time that iveI been asking myself here quite a lot. The tremendous landscapes, the different way I'm using my time from what I use to do, the different context I'm living now took me few times to think about "the too poor life to not be eternal".

"I've always been me". Before and after this trip in South America. I agree with him.

So cheers, Borges. This Bolivian red wine is very tasty.














Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano