Chile: 4000 km of happiness

This south American trip started in Chile. The idea was to be there for about a month. "No reason I should be over there for more time", I was thinking. I couldn't have been so wrong.

Landed in Santiago, the Chileans started speaking about the South and the North. In these exact terms. Like two places which didn't need to be specified better. They pushed me to go away from the capital and its region where I've visited Valparaiso and Viña del Mar.

The South was Patagonia and the North was the desert. These are magic places. So different yet so alike, with unique landscapes.

I've actually realized what the Chileans really meant just when I reached them. Still I wouldn't be fair if I wouldn't mention the beautiful places I've seen going south: Constitución, Pucón, Valdivia, Puerto Varas and Isla de Chiloé. I can actually say the Los Lagos region is one of my favourite.

By boat from Quellón, south of Isla Chiloé, I reached Puerto Cisnes. The Patagonian fjords entertained me all way long. Then hitchhiking or taking bus on the legendary Carretera Austral, I stopped in Coyhaique, Cerro Castillo, Puerto Rio Tranquilo and Chile Chico. Till I reached, down south, Torres del Paine, Puerto  Natales and Punta Arenas, the southest point of America reachable by land.

After traveling through Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, finally I got to the North in San Pedro de Atacama (just read my previous post about it).

So much time and I still can't say I know all Chile. Huge Country with a huge number of beautiful places.

Now crossing the border to Bolivia. Dear Chile, I'm happy to have spent here more time than planned.

















Commenti

  1. What a wonderful experience!
    Keep taking notes, keep shooting, keep writing....do it for you and for us too!
    I wish you all the best....
    #whoamI #whoamI :-)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thanks Gaetano. I will. Hope to not disappoint you.
      Ciao :)

      Elimina

Posta un commento

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano