Sacred valley, the mystic heart of the Inca empire

There are few ways to get to Machu Picchu, one of these is to go from Cusco to Aguas Calientes, by visiting the many little village of the Sacred valley.


Every single town has Inca ruins so there's a lot to do around. I've been in Pisac where there's an Inca fortress, in Urubamba to visit the Salt mines and Ollantaytambo, visiting one more fortress.










From Ollantaytambo I took a bus to the Hidroeléctrica, then walked 10km along the Inca Rail (Aguas Calientes is reachable by train too) to get to Aguas Calientes.





Booked there the ticket to get to Machupichu, I've walked from the town to the ruins for about two hours (but you can also go by bus)
The place is absolutely magic. You will forget the absolutely crazy number of people being there. After all, it's one of the seven wonders of the world.







On the way back, again walking from Aguas Calientes to the Hidroeléctrica and took a bus to Santa Teresa, to enjoy the local natural hotspring (muchas deserved after all this walking 😀). Then went to Quillabamba and from there to Maranura to the Yanay Mandor waterfalls.



From Maranura again to Urubamba and then back to Cusco.
Finally, I must say this valley is called Sacred valley for a reason, so more tham visiting I felt I have experienced something I can't really explain in words. It is more than an historical immersion and definitely more than just "touristing" around. It is a mystic place. It reminded me the feelings I have everytime I go to Pompei.

Spend some time in Sacred valley? Absolutely worth it!

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano