Baños, or swinging on the world

Baños is the first city I visited in Ecuador. It's very famous between the travellers and now I know why.

Plenty of activities to go for and quite cheap too, which is not at all a bad thing 😂

If you like iconic places, then you can't miss the Casa del Arbor. Here you will be swinging at an altitude of almost 3000mt, watching the amazing landscape. The picture is mandatory although the reality is much different from what it appears 🙃



In my few days there, I rented a bike and went straight to the Ruta de las Cascadas,  waterfall road. In less than 20km you see 7 waterfalls. Some of them from the street,  some others after a short walk.
Riding a bike has been a lot of fun as it's a whole way down,  so you don't need to be a professional cyclist 😜
I've ridden also on the way back but you can ask bus drivers to take it back in town. It will cost just a couple of dollars.









It has been definitely the best thing I've done there.

But, but... there is also another thing I've loved. Guess what? One more hot spring! And this time was amazing! Las termas de la Virgen are the busiest in town and are famous in particular for 2 pools, close to each other.  One is super cold, about 5 degrees and one is super hot,  about 45 degrees. You can almost cook pasta over there 😋 So you constantly need to go from one to the other. Believe me, a-m-a-z-i-n-g.




It's natural water coming from a waterfall, that's why it has this colour.  Btw, the pictures don't give enough credit to the real experience.

Not enough? Well, I found super tasty coffee in few bars... opportunity to go for zipline everywhere, canyoning, rafting, horse riding, volcano hikes and I'm not sure what else to add to convince you to go there...

So, a must visit!

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

The unknown Bolivia: Tupiza

A wonderful boat trip from Iquitos, Peru, to Coca, Ecuador. And few more info

Latacunga, a small city between a huge lagoon and a massive volcano